Friday, May 26, 2006

These are a few of my favourite things...


A close friend of mine, having tried this on his blog suggested I list 10 of my favourite things too on my blog. So these are a few of my favourite things..:) Thanks to him, I smiled all day through..:)

# I love the smell of freshly baked chocolate cookies. Anything freshly baked for that matter. The smell of European bakeries at 6 am in the morning will always be cherished.

# I love the smell of the first rain on the mud. Petrichor..its heaven. Love getting wet in the rain, splashing water, lying on my bed and watching every rain drop fall from the sky and sitting home on a rainy day and sipping coffee is awesome too. Love water basically. Swimming is just too much fun.

# Love the movie Notting Hill. No clue why I love it so much, but ive probably seen it over 20 times and still can every time it’s on TV. Love the painting by Chagall too in the movie..“It feels like how being in love should be. Floating through a dark blue sky. With a goat playing the violin. Happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat.”

# Love going shopping with my sister. She's so patient and has an awesome choice. We can shop for hours without getting tired:)

# Love Blue Berry Cheese Cake. I’d die if Oven Fresh or Lemon Grass ever stopped serving it!!!

# Love the nature. Go for a walk every evening to this one small temple near where I stay and its bliss. The noise and pollution do get on my nerves sometimes, but the walks worth it. Normally have a friend accompanying me, and we always sit in the temple for 20 min in complete silence and then leave. We are not religious, just the silence in the temple keeps you so calm, its unbelievable.

# I love my cat. Yes, his name’s curly and he’s adorable. He’ll listen to any nonsense I talk and come every morning and wake me up by touching his small wet nose to mine. The morning just seems so wonderful when I see him crawled up upon me, with a look in his eyes saying..pls wake up?:)

# Love reading poetry and literature. Byron, Tara Patel, Eunice D’souza, Mamta Kalia, W.H.Auden & Jane Austen are some of my favourites.

# Love sitting at Toto’s or Mondy’s on any evening and having a drink. Its crazy, the energy that surrounds you, the wild music.. it’s a break from your normal mundane life.Although Toto’s doesn’t play music anymore:(

# Love going for a drive as long as I don’t have to drive:) most memorable drive has been when a friend took me all the way to Bachelors in town on new years to eat my favourite fresh strawberry with cream at 1.30am:)!!Ya, I love that too:) he he.

Ive realized, 3 of the 10 of my most favourite things are sweets!!!Hehe I do have a bad sweet tooth:) but I really love them!!!10 was too little, I love so many more things..but these are most loved I think..have a great weekend everyone..:)

4 comments:

Sushant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sushant said...

Lovely things you do and moreso great to know YOU love those.!!
NOTTING HILL..

mandar talvekar said...

1. The smell of baking -yes
2. Petrichor - yes

And then Notting Hill? Why?

Me... said...

Hey mandar:)
God knows why Notting Hill..just love the movie. It makes you think, that maybe dreams do come true and money and fame arent everything you need to be happy..life's good anywez, even if you live in beverly hills or notting hill:)