Sunday, May 07, 2006

Good Morning!

Yes, its been a nice sunday morning so far:) I woke up at 5.30 am, cause mum was leaving to go out of town and dad with his sunday friend for breakfast. I got up too only to find myself unable to go back to sleep. So, i contemplated if i should go for an early morning walk or a nice cold swim.People who know me will know, im a complete adventure outdoor person. Love water, nature, hiking, walking anything to do with the outdoors. Whilst i was in school, the only outdoor spot we had was badminton and running. I took up the latter, and made my ' yellow house ' proud:) I loved running. Still do, just cant carry on with it anymore. In a freak accident in school in my tenth grade, i got an open 240 volt shock, which damaged my left knee..after going through physiotherapy i was told i shouldnt run and nor should i continue with learning classical dance which i was doing then for 9 yrs. Quit both. Was terrible, moreso cause i enoyed dancing and running was life. The only medals ive ever won in life, are in relay and runnning competitions in school. They are just really special to me..

Well, after giving up both my physio suggested i swim. Its very good for the knees. So, when i went for my exchange year to Germany in 2002-3 i swam. I swam every day for 45 min cause i took up swimming as my sport activity in school. Swam on winter mornings in hot pools and it felt awesome. Again, another freak accident repeated itself. While dancing in one of our parties my left knee cap moved and i had a dislocated patella. Was rushed at 2 am to a government hospital in Luxemburg. Continued with physiotherapy there too. The doc there told me i could start swimming again in about 6 mnths. Came back to India and started swimming again. Went through physio again, and finally have managed to stay fit with very rare bouts of pain in the knee for 3 yrs now.

I miss running. Miss pushing myself that extra bit, to complete that goal id set for myself. But ive learnt..if i cant run, i can swim so id better enjoy that and i completely do. I even learnt ballroom dancing for a year as that was not such a big strain on my knee as much as classical dancing is.
So, coming back to my morning swim today..yes it was great. Managed a good 12 laps in 25 min flat. Had a nice hot coffee and returned back home. After doing 10 laps i could feel myself tire, but just had to do the remaning two..pushed myself that extra bit and it felt so good:) Sometimes pushing yourself that one bit more..makes a big difference..dsnt it?:)Reminded me of running one extra round of that huge field only because you just know you can do it and to prove it to yourself, you do it, even if it tires you out something tells you, you're going to be able to achieve it.

Im looking foward to a nice lazy sunday..my cats getting neutered(yes, not very good news for all my male frends:P) but its important news nevertheless. And the poor cat has been hungry since 6 am today cause hes going to be sedated later. Just hope all goes right...i love my cat ya..:)Like my parents say..they are convinced im married to my cat..so my new pet name at home is Mrs.Curly:)Well, he's a truly handsome cat..:)he he.

1 comment:

Sushant said...

The knack of beautiful writing is ever prevalent come what may!! But, this time just felt that you had too many thoughts going on over the good morning..right from Germany to Getting married to your cat..Keep it going babe!!