Saturday, February 10, 2007

A new beginning...

I havent blogged in a while now. I don’t know why. Everytime I sat down to write something, it just never materialised into anything that id think was worth sharing on this blog. I contemplated if I should indeed delete the blog, maybe. But again, the thought passed away. I wonder why I wasn’t writing.
Maybe, I had too many things on my mind. Maybe I was fed up of the games my mind was playing with me. Maybe I was just plain bored. Lots of may be’s and no answers whatsoever.
But today I write, to make a beginning again. To start to blog cause I enjoy it. To say whats on my mind and to do what my mind says.
I wonder again, have I lost my creative ability to write after all?
Wonder. Thoughts. Baseless arguments in a mind of their own.
Hence I write. To let the words flow once again, to let me be me again.
Would like to end with a few lines of this poem I once read…

“The More Loving One”
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.

W. H. Auden

1 comment:

Viju said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Have truly missed you!

Just something I want to tell you...Writing is not so much about creativity as much as it is about getting insight into yourself...So write..always..Whether or not you choose to sahre it with others on a blog is a different issue altogether...

Best of luck..Cheers to your new beginning!