Saturday, November 18, 2006

I'll miss you Curly...


This day will always be marked in my diary onwards. 18th november 2006, is the day I give up my cat, who ive had for the past four years since 23rd october 2002.

I went to the shelter I had adopted him from 4 years back and the lady there has agreed to have him back. Im really grateful she agreed, cause I truly think that’s where Curly belongs. But yes, last night when I held him close and realised it’s the last night ill spend with him, it kicked me hard. The loss of a pet can be very overwhelming. And extremely hard to get over.
Ive had the best moments with him. I hugged him and cried when I lost my grandad and hugged him and smiled all day when I got my bachelor results. His meow will be missed terribly.Ill miss the paw fights we have and ill miss him come sit over my books every time I sit to study. Ill miss him being possesive about me and making sure that every night before I went to bed, he would come and sit in my lap for a while. We shared the best relationship and the bond we shared is going to last with me for the rest of my life.

Im sad I have to give him up. Ill miss you Curly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure he'll miss you too...i'l miss his meow too. take care, and be strong.

prajakta said...

hi namrata,
just read the curly story, cant hold back my tears....actually got ur contact thru a frend on orkut(pushkaraj).
actually i have lost my cat 2 days back and u wont belive we rthe house r searching for him day and night.. i know how it feels 2 loose a pet.
actually i wud lovee to adopt him?? or is it her..? but i hv to chk with mt inlaws first :)


till then just pray for ur cat and ur prayers will reach him i do the same :)

Me... said...

hey prajakta,
i surely can imagine how you must feel. i really hope you find your cat soon. my cat's a male cat and he's 4 years old. do keep in touch. Till you get back to me, and curly is still there at his shelter, i wouldnt mind having you adopt him.
Hope you find your cat soon. Dont worry, he must be around somewhere.
Take care:)