Monday, July 03, 2006

The Rains...

It’s Raining!
The rains are here again. I love this season. The greenness of the leaves, the dew on every petal, the koyal singing early in the morning…it’s beautiful. I was lucky to not have had any bad memories with the rains last year. Of course, my mom, sister & dad were all stranded but all returned home safe. My family was fine.
But today, as I sat in my big window and smiled at the smell of the mud and the high it gave me, I wondered how many other people must be sitting at their windows and smiling?
At least a thousand people in Mumbai are going to hate the rains this year. Are going to be mortally afraid of it. They all lost at least one loved one to the rains last year. Do they smell the mud we smell? Do they love the freshness as we do? Do they feel as cool and calm as we do? I wonder. It must remind them of the loss they faced last year.

The death, the trauma and the grief each one of them suffered. Will the rains ever be a happy memory for them ever again?It’s when I think of such people, that my smile fades away and all I can do is just say thank you to whoever it is up there who made sure, id have a happy memory of the rain for this year too...

2 comments:

Sushant said...

Both the parts about the rains are so true and can relate it to so well..hmm..cant recollect words to express the feelings..will think of some and post a comment again..

Viju said...

I was just absolutely elated when it began raining...relief from the heat at last!
But now, after the rains have made me miss Pushkaraj's b'day party...and after me being under house arrest since Sunday...I'm fed up!!!!
As of now, even getting wet in the rins is not fun anymore....I'm bored, and the memories that I'm having are of messaging Diwan ma'm last year saying that I won't be coming to college!